Author : Sharukh Ahmad 1
Date of Publication :21st July 2022
Abstract: The temperature of atmosphere fluctuating continuously because the changing of environment, due to global warming effect that is uncomfortable for human beings. For comfort zone of human being air conditioning is use in summer season and heater is use in winter season. There for air conditioning and heater required high grade energy as well as high maintenance cost. Now replacing these devices by Earth tube heat exchanger. Earth tube heat exchanger is a device which is producing cooling effects in summer season and heating effects in winter season by passing the ambient air through the pipes inside the ground or soil as a source or sink of heat. According to previous research (IJERTCONV5IS02011) the effect of temperature at a certain depth about 2 m to 5 m remain nearly same throughout the whole year. The temperature inside the earth surface is greater than the atmospheric temperature in winter and less than the summer. Till date many researchers have done extensive research on Earth tube heat exchanger. The present study on this paper, focus on variation of temperature in buried pipes and enhance the various parameters of Earth tube heat exchanger that is reduced the cost and energy consumption for same desired effect. And also replace the other pipe with PVC pipe at 1524mm (6 inches) internal diameter as a varying length and 250-watt blower is use to flow the air at 2-5 m/s.
- Devika Padwal et al, Investigations the design of Earth tube heat exchanger [IRJET], [ISSN 2395-0056], [VOL.7, issue: 7 July 2020].
- Niyuktisogale et al, Design and development of Earth tube heat exchanger for room conditioning, [IJESC], [VOL.7, issue: March 2017].
- Alghannam, A. O. (2012). Investigations of performance of earth air heat exchanger of soil in hot arid climate. [JASR], [ISSN 344-3052], [VOL.8 (6), issue: 2012].
- Scott, N.R., R.A. Parsons and T.A. Kochler (1965). Analysis and performance the parameters of an earth tube heat exchanger, [ASAE], [ISSN 65-840], [issue: 1995].
- D.J. Beebe, investigations the various design parameters or earth air tunnel heat exchanger system [IAEME] [ISSN 0976-6340] [VOL.5 issue Dec 2014 PP 118-125]
- Bansal Vikas, MisraRohit, Agrawal Ghanshyam Das, et al, performance analysis of an Earth air pipe heat exchanger for summer season, [ISSN 42-645], [issue: 2010]
- Ashish Kumar Chaturvedi and V N Bartaria, Review, “Performance of earth tube heat exchanger cooling of Air, [IJMERR], [VOL.4, issue:2015]
- N.K. Bansal et al, Evaluate the earth air tunnel system for heating/cooling effect of a complex, hospital. [ IJATES] [VOL. NO.06 MAR.2013].
- Dastan Zrar Ghafoor et al, Experimental Investigation of Earth Tube Heat Exchanger (ETHE) for Controlled Ventilation, [IECSTD], [DOI:10.1109/IEC49899-2020-9122908.
- Alghannam, A. O. et al, Investigations of performance of earth tube heat exchanger of sandy soil in hot arid climate. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 8(6): 344 3052.
- Al-Maliky, S. J. Bash. (2011), Investigation of the readiness of ground soils for installation of ground heat exchange systems. Journal of Geology and Geography. Vol 3., No.1: 200 – 2006.
- Aashish Sharma et al, Heat transfer analysis of source or sink of an THE by CFD modelling and simulation, [IJMET], [VOL.8, ISSN-0976-6359], [issue-July 2017].
- De Paepe, M. et al, Analysis the Thermohydraulic design of earth –air heat exchangers and Energy consumption in Buildings, 35:389-397.
- Jenssens, et al (2005), Energy performance of earth-air heat exchanger in a Belgian office building. AIVC 26th conference-Brussels, Belgium, pp: 15 -20.
- Lee, K. H. et al (2007), Implementation of an earth tube heat exchanger system into energy plus program. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL.