Author : Akash Kumar Patel 1
Date of Publication :13th July 2022
Abstract: Lightweight with high strength is the need of an hour. Connecting rod (CR) is necessary component of any engine, either engine is working on the principal of Compression Ignition system or Spark-Ignition system. The production of the connecting rod is done on very large scale due to the necessity of the connecting rod use in new vehicles production and also replacement of connecting rod in older vehicle and it increase exponentially day by day. Connecting rod (CR) is deliver to very large cyclic loading which is multiple of 108 to 109 cycles, there are two type of load are acting under the working of connecting rod (CR) fist one is high compressive load due to the combustion which is undergoes in cylinder and second one is the huge tensile load offered by inertia force. Objective of this research and analysis is to minimize weight of the connecting rod (CR) by changing the materials by epoxy reigns and analyses the behavior of stress distribution by through Finite Element Method (FEM) by using ANSYS 21.1 Firstly prepare a geometrical model of connecting rod of two wheeler bike engine of capacity 100 cc using SOLIDWORKS. This study analyses static load stress analysis of connecting rod (CR), which is building by using material epoxy reign. and simulate it on ANSYS Workbench – 21.1 and obtained the result of maximum stress analysis and verify this value through mathematical data
- Prof. H. V. Shete, Prof. R. A. Pasale and Prof. E. N. Eitawade, “Photoelastic Stress Analysis & Finite Element Analysis of an Internal Combustion Engine Piston”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Volume 3, Issue 7, July-2012, ISSN 2229-5518
- G. C. Mekalke, M. V. Kavade and S. S. Deshpande, “Analysis of a Plate with a Circular Hole by FEM”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) ISSN: 2278-1684, PP: 25- 30
- Gopinath, D., & Sushma, C. V. (2015). Design and Optimization of Four Wheeler Connecting Rod Using Finite Element Analysis. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2(4–5), 2291–2299. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2015.07.267
- Webster, W. D., Coffell R., and Alfaro D., “A Three Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of a High Speed Diesel Engine Connecting Rod,” SAE Technical Paper Series,1983, Paper No. 831322.
- D. Gopinatha, Ch. V. Sushmab, "Design and Optimization of Four Wheeler Connecting Rod Using Finite Element Analysis", elsevier 4th International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, 2015, pp-2298-2299.
- M.S. Shaari, M.M. Rahman, M.M. Noor, K. Kadirgama and A.K. Amirruddin, "Design of connecting of internal combustion engine and topology optimization approach", National Conference in Mechanical Engineering Research and Postgraduate Studies, Pahang, Malaysia, 3, Dec 2010, pp-155-165.
- K. Sudershan Kumar, Dr. k. Tirupathi Reddy, Syed Altaf Hussan "Modeling and analysis of two Wheeler connecting rod", International Journalof Modern Engineering Research, Vol -2, Issue- 5, Sept 2012 pp-3367-3371.
- P.S. Shenoy and A. Fatemi, „Dynamic analysis of loads and stresses in connecting rods''. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 2006. 220(5): p. 615-624.
- G.M Sayeed Ahmed, Sirajuddin Elyas Khany, Syed Hamza Shareef, "Design, Fabrication and Analysis of a Connecting Rod with Aluminum Alloys and Carbon Fiber", International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 10, October 2014, pp-16674-16686.
- A text book of machine design, Eurasia publishing house, R.S. Khurmi and J.S. Gupta