Author : Asim Beg 1
Date of Publication :13th July 2022
Abstract: Shoulder strapped grass cutting machine is being used in cutting grass, cleaning forest, gardening and maintenance of playground. Studies shows that during operating this machine the operator suffers a lot of pain in neck, shoulder, arm, wrist and fingers.Also the cutter blade is often damaged due to hindrance such as stones, bricks etc. coming in the path. Hence, we modified the design of the machine by replacing the shoulder strap by a push carrier to wear machine weight and reduce vibrations, adjust the height of cut for effective operation and ease of control. We also provided a casing to the blade for its protection from hindrances. Results after performance evaluation shows that the modification in machine was ergonomically acceptable and user friendly.
- Bello RS, Baruva A, Orisamuco F, (2015). Development and Performance Evaluation of a prototype Electrically Powered Brush Cutter, International letters of Chemistry, physics and Astronomy, Vol. 58, pp. 26-32, sep. 2015. . doi:10.18052/www.scipress.com/ILCPA.58.26
- Wang N K, Mao Y B, Zhao P, (2006). “Modern Garden Machinery”, Beijing: China Forestry Publishing, pp.122-125
- Yadav, R. L. P, Gite, N. K, and Randhawa, J. 2000. An anthropometric of India female Agricultural workers. Agricultural Mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America, 31(3); 56-60.
- Agrawal, KN, Singh, KP, and Satapathy, KK, (2010). “Anthropometric consideration for farm design for ribald workers of north eastern India’’. Agric Engineering Int. CIGR Journal.12(1):143-150.
- Reidel S., 1995. Consideration of grip and push forces for the assessment of vibration exposure. Cent Eur J Public Health. 3:139–41