Author : Divya 1
Date of Publication :3rd August 2022
Abstract: Aluminum is one of the majorly used construction & engineering material now a days because of its relatively lower specific weight and corrosion resistance compared to steels or other materials. Besides the weight & corrosion resistance, they are also comparatively easier to machine, form & fabricate. The increased concerns for saving energy and environment has further increased the demand for light weight structure or frames in day to day life applications such as automobile, aerospace and marine industries. Aluminum is an economical (lower in price) and easily produced metal which can be used for equipments & frames bearing high level of stresses & versatile environmental conditions. Aluminum and its alloys have been one of the primary choice for materials used in structural parts of marine, aerospace, military, construction sectors for more than hundred of years. Further advancement in its properties are made to enhance their properties further as per specific engineering requirement.
- Bo Zhou, Bo Liu and Shengen Zhang; The Advancement of 7XXX Series Aluminum Alloys for Aircraft Structures: A Review; 2021; MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- Krishnanunni, S.Gupta, R.Ajithkumar, G. Kumar, V.A. Ghosh; Investigation on Effect of Optimized RRA in Strength and SCC Resistance for Aluminum Alloy AA7010; Elsevier BV: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2020
- S. N. M. Yahaya and A. A. A. Majid; Reviews on aluminum alloy series and its applications; Academia Journal of Scientific Research 5(12): 708-716, December 2017
- Rupa Dasgupta; Aluminum Alloy-Based Metal Matrix Composites: A Potential Material for Wear Resistant Applications; International Scholarly Research Network ISRN Metallurgy; 2012
- Gyanendra Singh , Tanuj Giri, Qayed Noori; Review Paper On Fabrication Of Aluminum Magnesium Composite Material; European Journal of Material Sciences; 2017
- N.Radhia, R. Subramanian, sivenkat prasat; Tribological behaviour of aluminum/alumina/graphite hybrid metal matrix composite using taguchi’s techniques, journal of minerals and materials characterization and engineering ; 2011
-  Evangelia Georgantzia, Michaela Gkantou, George S.Kamaris; Aluminum alloys as structural material: A review of research; Engineering Structures; 2021
-  Deekshant Varshney, Kaushal Kumar; Application and use of different aluminum alloys with respect to workability, strength and welding parameter optimization; Ain Shams Engineering Journal; 2020
- Md. Tanwir Alam, Akhter Husain Ansari; Review On Aluminum And Its Alloys For Automotive Applications; IJATES; 2017
- F. Andreatta a, H. Terryn a, J.H.W. de Wit; Corrosion behaviour of different tempers of AA7075 aluminum alloy; Electrochimica Acta 49 (2004) 2851–2862
- Raheem Al-Sabur; Tensile strength prediction of aluminum alloys welded by FSW using response surface methodology – Comparative review; Materials Today: Proceedings; 2021
- Evangelia Georgantzia , Michaela Gkantou, George S. Kamaris; Aluminum alloys as structural material: A review of research; Engineering Structures; 2020
- Aluminum in construction [Internet]. All about aluminum; 2019 [accessed 1 June 2020]. Available from: https:// aluminumleader.com/application/construc tion/.
- Aluminum Alloys 101[Internet]. The Aluminum Association; 2019 [accessed 1 June 20]
- The Aluminum Association. Aluminum design manual. Washington, D.C.; 2020
- Mazzolani FM, Piluso V, Rizzano G. Experimental analysis of aluminum alloy channels subjected to local buckling under uniform compression. In: Italian conference on steel construction. Milano, Italy; 2001
- Ankitkumar K. Shriwas , Vidyadhar C. Kal; “Impact of Aluminum Alloys and Microstructures on Engineering Properties – Review; IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE); 2016