Author : K R Yuwaraj 1
Date of Publication :7th June 2016
Abstract: The purpose of the work Developing light weight, durable and user friendly artificial limbs through Nanotechnologybased modification of conventional materials and optimizing mechanical component design for enhancing their functional performance is to develop the efficient and economical artificial limb. The above work mainly focused to use polymers in the field of leg prosthesis. The leg prosthesis mainly consists of the four components socket, knee joint, and shank and foot ankle system. The socket holds the whole leg prosthesis to the human residual limb. The knee joint acts as the intermediate between the socket and the shank which gives the sufficient rotation which supports for walking. The foot ankle system is like our foot which gives the stability in walking throughout the entire gait cycle.
- Prosthetics – Structural testing of lower-limb prostheses, International Standard ISO 10328, First edition 1996
- Andrysek J, Naumann S, Cleghorn W. Design characteristics of pediatric prosthetic knees.IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 2004.
- Andrysek J, Naumann S, Cleghorn W. Design and quantitative evaluation of a stance- phase controlled prosthetic knee joint for children. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 2005
- AOL Physics Forum, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. © 2001-07 Physics Forums - Physics Help and Math Help http://members.aol.com/EasyExperiments/GaitCycle/GaitC ycle.gif http://plastics.dupont.com/plastics/dsheets/delrin/DELRIN1 27UVNC010.pdf
- Widas, P, Numerical Approach - Finite Element Analysis, Virginia Tech Material Science and Engineering, 1997 http://www.sv.vt.edu/classes/MSE2094_NoteBook/97Class Proj/num/widas/history.html
- ART – Applied Rapid Technologies, „The Stereolithography Processβ, April, 2001
- iDAPT - Rapid Prototyping Workshop, „Stereolithography Apparatusβ, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, 2000 - 2006
- Kurowski, P, „Engineering Analysis with COSMOS Works Profressional 2006β, SDC Publications, 2006.
- Moldflow Corporation - Products - Design Analysis Solutions-Moldflow Plastics Advisers, http://www.moldflow.com/stp/english/products/mpa.htm
- Rosato, D., „Injection Molding Handbook (3rd Edition),β Springer, 2000
- Delrin® 127UV NC010l, DuPont Industries, Copyright© 2006. http://www.knovel.com/knovel2/Toc.jsp?BookID=1009&V erticalID=0