Author : Shivraj S. Zambare 1
Date of Publication :7th June 2016
Abstract: Six sigma tools and techniques have been implemented by the various business organizations. Now a days manufacturing sector is also widely accepting as a high performance strategy tool for the continuous process improvement. Process improvement is nothing but an understanding between current process and new process that improves the quality of product, efficiency of process and reduce the defects. This methodology can be applied to find out critical causes of the process variation. This paper presents the different types of defect like dowel pin shift, variation in bore size of cylinder head is reduced by using six sigma DMAIC and FTA. The data for defects is collected and experimentation has been done by using six sigma and fault tree analysis which results in process improvement and reduction of defect of cylinder head.
- G. Furga et al. “Quality problems root cause identification and variabilityeduction in casting processes”, ISSN (1897-3310) Volume 9, Issue 1/2009,13-16.
- G.V.S.S.Sharma et al.“A DMAIC approach for process capability improvement an engine crankshaft manufacturing process”, J IndEngInt (2014), Pages 1- 11.
- K.Srinivasana et al. “Reduction of paint line defects in shock absorber through Six Sigma DMAIC phases”, 12th Global Congress On Manufacturing And Management,GCMM 2014.Procedia Engineering 97( 2014 ) 1755–1764.
- M.NagaPhani Sastry et al. “Application of Six Sigma for Process Improvement and Variation Reduction of Automotive Batteries”, Science Insights: An InternationalJournal 2011) 25-31.
- Virenderverma et al. “Utilization of six sigma(DMAIC) Approach for Reducing Casting Defects”, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science Volume 2, Issue 6, October-November, 2014.