Author : Praveen Banakar 1
Date of Publication :7th June 2016
Abstract: For the modern aircrafts which have been designed and built to greater level of sophistication also need to perform to the top notch in terms of crashworthiness and passenger/crew safety. For this the development and validation of reliable simulation tools is a very important criterion. Through efficient use of finite element simulation methods, development costs and certification tests can be reduced, to meet the new age aircraft safety and crashworthiness certifications. The present work is an overview of aircraft crash simulation.
- Federal Aviation Regulations. Part 25 – Air crashworthiness standards: transport category airplanes. Washington D.C.: Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation; 2003.
- Wittlin G. and Gamon M. A., "Experimental Program for the Development of Improved Helicopter Structural Crashworthiness Analytical and Design Techniques," Lockheed-California Company, USAAMRLDL-TR-72- 72, Volumes I and II, May 1973.
- Wittlin, G. and Gamon, M. A., "Full-Scale Crash Test Experimental Verification of a Method of Analysis for General Aviation Airplane Structural Crashworthiness," Lockheed-California Company, FAA Report FAA-RD77-188, February 1978.
- Gamon, M. A., Wittlin, G. and LaBarge, W. L., "KRASH85 User's Guide -Input/Output Format," Lockheed-California Company, DOT/FAA/CT-85/10, May 1985.
- Wittlin, G.,"Program KRASH: Evolution of an Analytical Tool to Evaluate Aircraft Structural Crash Dynamics Response," Proceedings of the American Helicopter Society Specialists' Meeting on Crashworthy Design of Rotorcraft, Atlanta, Georgia, April 1986.
- Cronkhite, J. D., "Design of Airframe Structures for Crash Impact," Proceedings of the American Helicopter Society Specialists' Meeting on Crashworthy Design of Rotorcraft, Atlanta, Georgia, April 1986.
- Dassault systems, ABAQUS analysis user’s manual 6.12, volume I-V.
- Internet sources.
- Liu Xiaochuan, Guo Jun, Bai Chunyu, Sun Xiasheng, Mou Rangke, 2015, “Drop test and crash simulation of a civil airplane fuselage section”, Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 28(2) 447-456.