Author : Hemant Pati 1
Date of Publication :7th June 2016
Abstract: Rolling process is one of the most widely used metal forming process. The use of simulation software to predict rolling force and energy parameters is growing day by day. AFDEX software is one such effective tool for the rolling simulation. 3D modelling, automatic re-meshing and user friendly interface are some of the attractive features of this software. This paper covers in detail the methodology of modelling, simulating and interpreting the results in AFDEX software. An example illustrating the effectiveness of AFDEX software to solve rolling problem and obtain results like Von Mises stress, effective stress, effective strain, hydrostatic pressure, shear stress, Vickersshardnessetc. is discussed.
- A.R. Shahania,S. Setayeshib, S.A. Nodamaiea, M.A. Asadic, S. Rezaiec “Prediction of influence parameters on the hot rolling process using finite element method and neural network”. Journal of materials processing technology 2 0 9 ( 2 0 0 9 ) 1920–1935.
- K. Devarajan, K. PrakashMarimuthu and Dr.Ajith Ramesh “FEM Analysis of Effect of Rolling Parameters on Cold Rolling Process”. Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science, Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2012.
- Dr. P.L Srinivasa Murthy, HemantPatil, B.N.Sarada “ANALYSIS OF ROLLER SPEED AND ROLLER DIAMETER- A REVIEW” (IJAER) 2016, Vol.No.11,Issue No. II, February e-ISSN: 2231-5152/ p-ISSN: 2454-1796.
- Hemanth S Thulasi, Y. Arunkumar, M.S.Srinat “Design and Manufacturing Simulation of Preform for Thread Rolling Operation”. International Of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER) Vol. 5 | Iss. 10 | October 2015 | 60|
- S. Ghosh, M Li, D. Gardiner. “A computational and experimental study of cold rolling and Aluminium alloys with edge cracking”. Vol. 126, FEBRUARY 2004.
- Basavasagar, Prof. Bharat S Kodli “Forging simulation of Rocker arm using AFDEX software”. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 25