Author : Shanmukh Sarode 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: Carbon dioxide is one of the major gases responsible for the greenhouse effect. Extracting CO2 from various exhaust emission sources is becoming an effective way to reduce the greenhouse effect and in turn global warming. Adsorption is one of a potential method through which this can be accomplished. The following computational study quantitatively studies the adsorption of carbon dioxide gas using micro porous zeolite 5A, which is derived from aluminosilicate family of zeolites. The concentration of the gas adsorbed in the bed is plotted along its length after different time intervals. The study also gives a rough estimate of the volume of gas which can be extracted using desorption after particular time intervals. The effective life span of the adsorbent bed is estimated from the extent of adsorption for different time intervals.
- Zeolite is the…….negative charge; Retrieved from http://www.tainstruments.com
- Saha, D., Bao, Z., Jia, F., & Deng, S. (2010). Adsorption of CO2, CH4, N2O, and N2 on MOF-5, MOF-177, and zeolite 5A. Environmental science & technology, 44(5), 1820-1826.
- ERTAN, A. (2004). CO2, N2 and Ar adsorption on zeolites (Doctoral dissertation, İzmir Institute of Technology).
- The Transport of Diluted species………..time dependant study”; Retrieved from www.comsol.co.in.  Cavenati, S., Grande, C. A., & Rodrigues, A. E. (2004). Adsorption equilibrium of methane, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen on zeolite 13X at high pressures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data, 49(4), 1095-1101. .
- Dirar, Q. H., & Loughlin, K. F. (2013). Intrinsic adsorption properties of CO2 on 5A and 13X zeolite. Adsorption, 19(6), 1149-1163.
- Sarker, M. A. I. (2012). Equilibrium and Mass Transfer Behaviour of CO2 Adsorption on Zeolites, Carbon Molecular Sieve, and Activated Carbons (Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, University of Regina)