Author : C. Bhargavi 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: The Turbulent jets are stumble upon in industrial apparatus, combustion chambers and different types of mixers. The co-Axial turbulent jets can create a complex flow with an outer jet developing under asymmetric conditions by considering high jet velocities for both core and annular jets. The main objective is to increase the penetration length of the nozzle by modify or designing the outlet shape of the jet. The external and internal nozzle area ratio was varied as well as velocity issuing from the two nozzles. In all these cases the calculations of turbulence intensities, shear stresses distribution of the average velocities .The state of flow field and the state of approach to a self-preserving condition is analyzed. In order to improve the Thrust efficiency the Reynolds numbers based on various shapes of nozzles outlet such as Circle and square with and without annular was determined and studied by using CFD software
- TAKAHIRO KIWATA, TAICHIUSUZAWA“ Flow Visualization & Characteristics Of A Co Axial Jet With A Tabbed Annular Nozzle ˮ.
- TAKAHIRO KIWATA ,SHIGEOKIMURA “Flow Structure Of A Coaxial Circular Jet With Axisymmetric & Helical Instability Modes”.
- SEUNG TAEKOH,SETSURO HIRAOKO,YUTAKA TADA”Heat Transfer Inlet Mixing Vessel With Rotating Nozzle Around The Vessel Axis.”
- KOICHI TSUJIMOTO, KOJIAO,TOSHIHIKO SHAKOUCHI & TOSHITAKE ANDO “Numerical Investigation Of Flow Structures & Mixing Performances Of Vector - Controlled Free Jet Using DNS”.
- YUMIKO OTOBE SHIGERUMATSUO, MASANORI TANAKA,HIDEDO KASHIMURA”Astudy On Characteristics Of Under Expanded Condensing Jet”.
- T.J.CHUNG, ”A Text book of Fluid dynamics” Cambridge university press.
- JOHN ANDERSON, “Computational Fluid dynamics"
- H VERSTEG ,W .MALALASEKERA, "An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics: The Finite Volume Method" Pearson pretence hall