Author : Saurabh V. Patil 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: Present paper reports, effect of turbulence model and wind velocity on aerodynamic performance of an airfoil, NERL S809. The computational simulations are done by using RANS steady equations. Among four turbulence model (standard k?, SpalartAllmaras, k? and k? SST) the best model has been selected on the basis of comparison with experimental results from available literature. The pressure coefficient, drag coefficient and lift coefficient are compared at different angle of attack, wind velocity using different solver. This computational simulation is carried out using Ansys-Fluent (14.0) software. The accurate aerodynamic load acting on blade of wind turbine is obtained by using, k? SST turbulence model for unsteady flow behavior.
- M.SerdarGença, UnverKaynakb, HüseyinYapicic, “Performance of transition model for predicting low Re aerofoil flows without/ with single and simultaneous blowing and suction”, European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids 30 (2011) 218–235.
- Bhushan S. Patil, Hitesh R. Thakare, “Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis Of Wind Turbine Blade at various angle of attack and different Reynolds number, International conference on computational heat and mass transfer 2015, Procedia Engineering 127 ( 2015 ) 1363 – 1369.
- Kianoosh Yousefi, Reza Saleh and Peyman Zahedi, “Numerical study of blowing and suction slot geometry optimization on NACA 0012 airfoil”, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 28 (4) (2014) 1297~1310.
- Tarun B Patel, Sandip T Patel, Divyesh T Patel, Maulik Bhensdadiya,” An Analysis of Lift and Drag Forces of NACA Airfoils Using Python”, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2015 ISSN 2319 – 4847.
- Karna S. Patel, Saumil B. Patel, Utsav B. Patel, Prof. Ankit P. Ahuja, ” CFD Analysis of an Aerofoil”, International Journal of Engineering Research ISSN: 2319- 6890) (online) , 2347 – 5013 (print).
- P. B. Makwana1, J. J. Makadiya, ” Numerical Simulation of Flow Over Airfoil and Different Techniques to Reduce Flow Separation Along with Basic CFD Model: A Review Study”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181 Vol. 3 Issue 4, April – 2014.
- Riyadh Belamadi, Adbelouaheb Djemili, Adrian ilinca, Ramzi Mdouki, “Aerodynamic analysis of slotted airfoils for application to wind turbine blade”, J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn. 151(2016) 79-99.
- David Wafula Wekesa, Cong Wang, Yingjie Wei and Joseph N. Kamau, “Wind Resource Assessment and Numerical Simulation for Wind Turbine Airfoils”, 15th International Workshop on Research and Education in Mechatronics (REM), Elgouna, Egypt, September 9-11, 2014
- Ansys Fluent Theory Guide Ansys, November 2013.