Author : P. Jaya Prakash 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: The depleting of fossil fuels has simulated the worldwide search for the alternate fuels. AS our country is an agricultural based one and large amount of land is available, production of Jatropha biodiesel will be more advantageous for our farmers. The Jatropha biodiesel is a perfect replacement to diesel because this is derived from indigenous sources and is renewable. But due to its high viscosity and lower calorific value it cannot be directly used in the diesel engine without major modifications to the engine. Hence in the present work it is planned accordingly to use the combination of diesel and biodiesel in the ratio of 80% diesel and 20% Jatropha (B20). The combustion of the engine depends on the flow capability of the fuel. With the higher viscosity, Jatropha oil fluidity will be less and this can be improved with the addition of nano additives. Further the investigation is planned to study the effect of Aluminum Oxide Nano particles as additive on the performance and emission characteristics of Jatropha biodiesel blend(B20). It is blended with Aluminum Oxide Nano particle in mass fraction of 50 PPM,100 PPM and 150PPM.The whole investigation is carried out in a constant speed vertical cylinder water cooled DI Diesel Engine. The performance parameters are analyzed and the results are presented. Aluminum oxide nano particles act as an oxygen buffer which improves the combustion results in increase the Brake thermal efficiency and reduction in the Exhaust emissions
- Suthar DineshKumar.L, RathodPravin.P, Prof .Patel Nikul. K. “Performance And Emission by effect Of Fuel Additives for CI Engine fuelled with blend Of biodiesel and Diesel”, JERS PaperVol.Ш ,2012/01-04.
- SyedAalam,C.G.Saravanan,M.KannanExperimental Investigations on a CRDI System Assisted Diesel engine fuelled With Aluminium Oxide Nano Particles blended Biodiesel”, AEJ Paper, April 2015.
- C.SyedAalam,C.G.Saravanan,B.Premanand “Influence Of Iron (П,Ш) Oxide Nano Particles Fuel Additive on Exhaust emissions and Combustion Characteristics of CRDI System Assited Diesel engine”,IJAERS,Vol2,March 2015.
- MohanRao,D.Krishnaiah,”ExperimentalInvestigation on the effect of Zno Nano Particles with Palmolion Stearin Wax Bio Diesel blend on DI Diesel engine”, IJSART, Vol-1,10-October 2015.
- B.Sachuthananthan,K.Jeyachandran,”Combustion Performance and Emission Characteristics of WaterBiodiesel Emulsion as fuel with DEE as Ignition improver in a DI Diesel Engine”,JERD,Vol-2, Dec-2007.
- S.Manibharathi,R.Chandraprakash,B.Annadurai,R.Titus“ ExperimentalInvestigation of CI Engine PerformanceandEmissionCharacteristics by effect of Nano Additives in PongamaiaPinaata Biodiesel”, IJSRD, Vol-3. 2015.
- S.Karthikeyan.,A.Elango,A.Prathima, “Performance and Emission study on Zinc Oxide Nano Particles Addition with Pamolion Stearin Wax Biodiesel of CI Engine”,JSIR,Vol-73,March 2014.
- SrinivasRao, R.B. Anand, “Techniques to Improve the Performance while reducing the Pollutants Level in the Exhaust Gases of Compression Ignition Engines – A Review”, APRN Journal Of Engineering and Applied Sciences,Vol-9,No.5,May 2014.