Author : V.Niveditha 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: The advancement in automobile technology is increasing day to day. The efficiency of the engine depends on heat transfer rate of radiator in automobile and further it relays on flow capacity of fluids and material used in manufacturing of radiator. Mostly water is used as cooling fluid in automobile. The researchers were concentrated on different materials and found that copper and aluminium materials shows a higher heat transfer rate compare to other materials. The flow capacity and heat absorption of the fluid can be improved with the addition of Nano additives in radiator. In the current work the performance of the radiator is analysed with different Nano fluids using Pro-E and Ansys. Hence the present work is planned accordingly. Different Nano fluids i.e Aluminium Oxide, Silicon Oxide, Ethylene Glycol and Copper Oxide for volume fraction0.3, are mixed with base fluid water are analysed for their performance in the radiator. Modelling of the radiator is done in Pro/E. The fluid flow characteristics are found using CFD analysis and with the same thermal analysis is done in Ansys for two materials Aluminium and Copper. Finally, it is concluded that the heat transfer co efficient is more for copper oxide at 0.3 volume fraction from CFD analysis. Thermal analysis is done for two materials Aluminum and Copper taking heat transfer coefficient value of copper oxide at 0.2 volume fraction from CFD analysis. By observing thermal analysis results, heat flux is more in Copper compared to Aluminum.
- Yimin Xuana, Wilfried Roetzelb: Conceptions for heat transfer correlation of Nanofuids conceptions for heat transfer correlation of Nano fluids
- K.Y. Leong, R. Saidur S.N. Kazi: Performance investigation of an automotive car radiator operated with Nano fluid- based coolants (Nano fluid as a coolant in a radiator).
- S.M. Peyghambarzadeh, S.H. Hashemabadi , S.M. Hoseini, M. Seifi Jamnani; Experimental study of heat transfer enhancement using water/ethylene glycol based Nano fluids as a new coolant for car radiators
- Massimo Corcione: Empirical correlating equations for predicting the effective thermal conductivity and dynamic viscosity of Nano fluids
- Ravikanth S. Vajjha, Debendra K. Das, Praveen K. Namburu: Numerical study of fluid dynamic and heat transfer performance of Al2O3 and CuO Nano fluids in the flat tubes of a radiator.
- P. Naphon, P. Assadamongkol, T. Borirak, Experimental investigation of titanium Nano fluids on the heat pipe thermal efficiency, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 35 (2008) 1316–1319.
- W. Duangthongsuk, S. Wongwises, Heat transfer enhancement and pressure drop characteristics of TiO2– water Nano fluid in a double tube counter flow heat