Author : R. Chitti Babu 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: The main objective of this paper is to investigate the effect of Nanocarbon on thermal properties of borassus fruit and sisal natural fiber reinforced composites .The composites with and without Nano carbon have been prepared by incorporating 100% biodegradable fiber reinforcement . The primary derivative thermo grams of the fibers were recorded in an inert atmosphere at the heating rate of 20 oC/min. The thermal properties of these samples were investigated according to ASTM standard. From the result it was absorbed that the borassus fruit and sisal composite with addition of Nano carbon showed that there is an appreciable increase in thermal properties of the sample when compared to without addition of Nano carbon composite.
- K.Sudha Madhuri, et.al, An Investigation of Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Reinforced Sisal-Glass Fibers Epoxy Hybrid Composite, Vol.3, No.1, pp.112-115 (2014) ISSN: 2319-6890.
- A.Gowthami, et.al, Effect of Silica On Thermal And Mechanical Properties of Sisal Fiber Reinforced Polyster Composite, J. Mater. Environ. Sci. 4 (2) (2013) 199-204 ISSN: 2028-2508.
- Sreenivasan V.S., Soma Sundram S., Ravindran D., Manikandan V., Naryanaswamy R., Mater. Des. 32 (2011) 453.
- Murali Mohan Rao K., Ratna Prasad A.V., Mohan Rao K., Mater. Des.31 (2010) 508
- Ramanaiah K., Ratna Prasad A.V., Hema Chandra Reddy K., J., Mater. Des. 40 (2012) 103.
- Ali R., Iannace S., Nicolais L., J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 88 (2003) 1637.
- Rowell R., Chemical modification of nonwood lignocellulosics. In Hon, DN-S, editor. Chemical Modification of Lignocellulosic Materials. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1996.p.229.
- Hema Chandra Reddy K., J., Mater