Author : C. Hari Venkateswara Rao 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: The aim of this work is to give more information on the PAN/carbon phenolic laminate with and without silica filler material. The experimental study of the mechanical and thermal characteristic properties of Phenolic resin based composites with Silica filler and Carbon as reinforcement will be studied. Laminates will be made by PAN based Carbon with and without Silica filler, sample pieces are tested as per ASTM standards. The quality of laminates is verified and further tested for their mechanical properties like tensile, compression, flexure & ILSS and thermal properties like ablation rate. Fibre volume fraction is also determined from resin content and density as a part of physical properties. The test results are reveals that CP laminate with 5% Silicon filler exhibits the better physical and mechanical properties compared without silica filler laminate.
- J.W. Weeton, D.M.Peters and K.L.Thomas, Engineer’s Guide to Composite Materials, American Society for Metals, Metals Park, Ohio, 1987
- S.M. Lee, Encyclopedia of Composites, Vo,s. 1-4, VCH Publications, New York 1990-1991.
- R. Smith, Resin Systems, in Processing and Fabrication Technology, Technomic Publishing Co., Lancaster, 1990.
- Mallick, P.K, Fibre Reinforced Composites: Materials, Manufacturing and Design, Marcel Dekker, New York.
- Guide to composites by Gurit.