Author : N.V.Naga Raju 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: Metal matrix composites (MMCs) are amongst different classes of composites. MMCs offer a unique balance of physical and mechanical properties. Aluminum based MMCs have received increasing attention in recent decades as engineering materials with most of them possessing the advantages of high strength, hardness and wear resistance. The experimental investigation of the variation of mechanical properties of Al- fly ash composites samples processed by die casting are reported in this paper. In this case we are taken the casted components are machined to specimen dimensions and different material testing had been conducted to obtain the material properties and characteristics. We are varying mass fraction of and fly ash (5%, 10%, & 15%) and keeping 3%, 6%, 8% sic. We had got well advancements in mechanical properties like tensile, impact strength and hardness with the increase in wt % of reinforcement.
- K Radhakrishna, hardness and wear characteristics of Al4.5%CU (LM11) alloy and fly ash composite (AMC), prof of BMS college of engineering, June 2008.
- Beinias, microstructure and corrosion behavior of aluminum fly ash composites, dept of materials engineering, lublin university of technology, Poland, 2008
- Hebbar, mechanical properties of flyash reinforced aluminum alloy (Al 6061) composites, dept of mechanical engineering national institute of technology, srinivasnagar Karnataka, june 2010.
- Shanmugsundaram, some studies on Aluminum fly ash composites fabricated by the step stir casting method, dept of mechanical engineering, Karpagam College of Engineering Coimbatore, 2006
- Sudarshan, M.K. Surappa, Dry sliding wear of fly ash particle reinforcedA356 Al composites, Wear 265 (2008): pp 349–360
- S. C. Mishra, Aluminum – fly ash composite produced by impeller mixing, Journal of reinforced plastics and composites,(2008):pp 1-6
- Basavaraju S, studies on mechanical properties and tribological characteristics of LM25- graphite-silicon carbide and Lm25-flyash-silicon carbide hybrid metal matrix composite, dept of mechanical engineering, Acharya institute of technology, Bangalore, India, 2012
- Gaurau Saini, mechanical testing of Al6061/silicon carbide metal matrix composite, dept of mechanical engineering baba banda singh bhadra engineering college, fatehgarh, Punjab, 2012
- Mahesh V, Mechanical characteristics of Aluminiumsiliconcarbidecomposite.