Author : Vikas S. Patil 1
Date of Publication :7th December 2016
Abstract: The stepped bar is involved in many engineering application. These stepped bar systems suffer from the occurrence of deflection and stresses due to axial loading. These stresses and deflections have been examined to avoid possible resulting failure. This paper explains the application of finite element method for the analysis of a stepped bar subjected to an axial load. The element configurations that are studied range from one dimensional to three dimensional type and various mesh configurations. The Finite Element analysis results are compared with exact analytical solution and numerical solution of the stepped bar and this shows the elemental behavior of the stepped bar. The paper discusses the comparison of analytical exact solution, numerical solution and FEA results from ANSYS software.
- Uttam Y. Siddha, Nawaj A. and Girish C. Mekalke, “Elemental Behaviour In Statics Analysis For A Simply Supported Beam by Using Fem Software”, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Volume 2, pp. 2187-2191, December 2013
- Gopichand Allaka, Manikanta Kotti, B.Srikanth, Sk Rashed, And D Neehaar, “Modal Analysis Of A Stepped Bar Using Matlab & Ansys”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Volume 3, pp. 504-509, March-April 2013.
- Siddha Uttam Y. & Kumbhar Samir B., “Natural Frequency Analysis of Automotive Seating System by using FEM Software”, International Journal on Mechanical Engineering and Robotics (IJMER), Volume 1, pp. 93-98, 2013.
- Introduction to Finite Elements in Engineering, 3rd Edition by Tirupathi R. Chandrupatla & Ashok D. Belegundu, Pearson Education.
- Gokhale, Nitin S, and Sanjay S Deshpande." Practical Finite Element Analysis.” FiniteTo Infinite, pune, 2008.