Author : Sudhir P.Patil 1
Date of Publication :7th December 2016
Abstract: In the percent work, attempt has been made to improve the performance of self-compacting composite concrete by using recycled coarse aggregate, fly ash and steel fibers. The study is carried out by replacing of natural course aggregate with recycled coarse aggregate in self-compacted concrete (SCC) at different percentages like 10%, 20%, and 30%. It is observed that maximum of 30% recycled aggregate can be effectively used in production of SCC without any significant reduction in strength and durability. The present study also aims at improving the shear, flexural and torsional strength of the concrete by addition of fly ash (FA) and steel fibers (SF). In this research work, 20% of fly ash (class-C) is added as a replacement of binder to its weight and 1.5% steel fibers by weight of concrete. Based on the experimental results, it can be seen that the load carrying capacity of composite concrete increased by 40 to 50% than the plain beam along with energy absorption and ductility.
- Sudhir P. Patil, Keshav K. Sangle (2016), “Shear and flexural behaviour of prestressed and non-prestressed plain and SFRC concrete beams”, King Saud University Journal of King Saud University – Engineering Sciences, Vol. 4 Issue 01, May-2016, pages 110-117.
- Ganeshram, Gopalan (2015), “An Experimental Study on Impact Strength of Self Compacting Concrete”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT)ISSN: 2278-0181Vol. 4 Issue 06, June-2015, pages-1184-1189.
- M.Seethapathi, S.R.R.Senthilkumar, K.Chinnaraju (2015),“Experimental Study on High Performance Self compacting Concrete using Recycled Aggregate”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 67 No.1, 2005, ISSN: 1992-8645,pages-84-90.
- Zhi Shan, Zhiwu Yu, Jianjun Shi (2015),“Experimental investigation of flow of fresh self-compacting concrete in improved L-box”, Construction and Building Materials, Elsvier publication, vol.84 (2015), pages-30–38.
- Nischay T G , S Vijaya and B Shiva Kumaraswamy (2015), “A Study on the Properties of Self Compacted Concrete using Recycled Aggregate in Fresh and Hardened State”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT),ISSN: 2278-0181,Vol. 4 Issue 06, June-2015, pages 822-826.
- Prashant O. Modani, Vinod M. Mohitkar (2015), “Recycled Aggregate Self Compacting Concrete:A Sustainable Concrete for Structural use”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT),ISSN: 2278-0181,Vol. 4 Issue 01,January-2015, pages 116-120.