Author : Akshay K. Shinde 1
Date of Publication :7th December 2016
Abstract: Vortex tube is a non-convectional device in which the compressed natural air is works as a working substance and splits air into hot and cold air, This is maintenance free and working is very simple Hence it is used in the several application in industries such as Spot cooling, cooling of workers in mines and electronic components etc. In refrigeration system the refrigerants are used and they affects the ozone layer but in the vortex tube there is no refrigerant so no ozone layer deflection, and Global worming. There is no mechanical parts (Gears, Blades, Pumps) are fitted. When the compressed air passing through the tangentially situated nozzle at the end of the nozzle the compressed air expands with high pressure and produce vortex in the pipe.
- O. M. Kshirsagar, V. V. Ankolekar, V. N. Kapatkar., “Effect of Geometric Modifications on the Performance of Vortex Tube - A Review”, Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, pp. 92-98, November 2014.
- Ken French, “Vertical Integration with a Vortex Tube”, American Society for Engineering Education.
- Rajarshi Kar, Oindrila Gupta, Mukunda Kumar Das, “Studies on the Effect of Feed Gas Temperature on Ranque-Hilsch Vortex Tube”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 2, November 2012
- Y.T. Wua, Y. Dinga, Y.B. Jia, C.F. Maa, M.C. Geb, “Modification and experimental research on vortex tube”, International Journal of Refrigeration, pp. 1042-1049, 2007.
- Prabhakaran J., Vaidyanathan S., Kanagarajan D., “ESTABLISHING EMPIRICAL RELATION PREDICT TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE OF VORTEX TUBE USING RESPONSE SURFACE METHODOLOGY ”, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 7, pp. 722 – 731, 2012.
- Yunpeng Xue, “The working principle of Ranque-Hilch Vortex Tube”, School of Mechanical Engineering, December 2012.