Author : V.Anjali Kumar 1
Date of Publication :7th May 2016
Abstract: Concrete possesses a very low tensile strength, limited ductility and little resistance to cracking by adding glass fibres into concrete can dramatically increases tensile strength and also compressive strength. Glass fibre reinforced concrete will shows considerable improvement in durability when compared to conventional concrete. We can also use plasticizer as GELENIUM SKY 8234 to reduce water content and increases workability. The main aim of this study is to compare the test results between conventional concrete and glass fibre reinforced concrete. In this study concrete mix design is done for M30 grade concrete. The strength results were compared by addition glass fibres in concrete mixture of different proportions 0%, 0.5% and 1% by weight of cement, the cubes are prepared for different sizes of 150mm X 150mm X 150mm for compression and 100mm X 100mm X 100mm for tension. The curing will be done for 7, 28 days. Finally the strength performance of glass fibred reinforced concrete is compared with normal concrete.
- A Dr. Srinivasa Rao, B Chandra Mouli K and C Dr. T. Seshadri Sekhar (2012), Durability studies on Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete, International Journal of civil engineering science, vol.1, no-1-2.
- Chandramouli, K., P, S. R., Pannirselvam, N., T, S. S., & Sravana, P. (2010). Strength properties of glass fiber concrete, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 5(4), 1–6. 3. P. Sangeetha (2011) Study on the compression and impact strength of GFRC with combination of admixtures, JERS/Vol.II/ Issue II/April-June, 2011/36-40
- Deshmukh S.H, Bhusari J. P, Zende A. M. (2012). Effect of Glass Fibres on Ordinary Portland cement Concrete, ISSN: 2250-3021 June. 2012, Vol. 2(6) pp: 1308-1312
- IS 516 (1999), Indian standard methods of tests for strength of concrete, (Reaffirmed 1999), Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS 456 (2000) Indian standard code of practice for Plain and Reinforced concrete, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi. IS: 1199-1999. Indian Standards - Method of Sampling & Analysis of Concrete.
- A Kavita S. Kene, B Vikrant S. Vairagade and C Satish Sathawane (2012), Experimental study on behavior of steel and glass fiber Reinforced concrete composite, Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management studies, Vol. 2, No-4.
- A Avinash Gornale, B S. Ibrahim Quadri and C Syed Hussaini (2012), Strength aspect of Glass fiber reinforced concrete, International journal of Scientific and Engineering research, vol,3, issue 7