Author : Ms. K.S.Tidke 1
Date of Publication :7th July 2016
Abstract: The structure in high seismic areas may be susceptible to the severe damage. Along with gravity load structure has to withstand to lateral load which can develop high stresses. Now a day, shear wall (SW) and infill wall (IW) in R.C.(Reinforce concrete) structure are most popular system to resist lateral load due to earthquake, wind, blast etc. Shear wall are used for lateral load resisting in high rise building Shear wall has high in plane stiffness and strength which can be used to simultaneously resist large horizontal loads and support gravity loads. Masonry infill wall are normally considered as non-structural element and there stiffness contribution are generally ignored in practice, such approach can lead to an unsafe design. Infill behaves like compression strut between column and beam and compression force are transferred from one node to another. In this study, G+7 storey RC structure is modelled as bare frame, shear wall and infilled frame with their different arrangements. Response spectrum and time history method are used for analysis in SAP2000 software and structure was assumed to be situated in zone II. The infill walls were modelled as equivalent diagonal strut. Following parameter are determining like base shear and storey drift.
- P. P. Chandurkar, Dr. P. S. Pajgade,” Seismic Analysis of RCC Building with and Without Shear Wall”, IJMER, Vol. 3, Issue. 3, pp-1805-1810, May - June 2013
- Siamak Sattar and Abbic B.Liel “Seismic Performance of Reinforced Concrete Frame Structures With and Without Masonry Infill Walls” University of Colorado, Boulder.
- S.v.Polyakove,“masonry in framed building, gosudalstvennoe’ stvo literature po straitel’ stuv I Arkitecure, moskva, trans. G.L. cairns”, building research sation Watford Herts, 1956
- Holmes,M., “Combined loading on infilled Frames”, proceeding of the institute of civil engineers,25,pp 31- 38,1963. 5. Stafford-Smith, B “behavior of square infill frame” journal of the structural Davisson, Proceeding Of ASCE Vol.91 No ST1, PP381-403,1996. 6.
- Henry A.W. structural masonry, 2nd ed. Macmillan Press. 1998 7. Pankaj Agarwal & Manish Shrikhande, “Earthquake resistant Design of structure”, page no 282-311, PHI publication.
- IS 1893(Part 1): 2002”Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design Of Structures Part 1 General Provisions and Buildings (Fifth Revision) Bureau of Indian Standards New Delhi.
- Wakchaure M.R, Ped S. P,” Earthquake analysis of high rise building with and without in filled walls”, IJEIT, Volume 2, Issue 2, August 2012
- C V R Murty , Sudhir K Jain,” Beneficial influence of masonry infill walls on seismic performance of RC frame buildings”, 12th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering