Author : Sagar R. Ghuge 1
Date of Publication :7th July 2016
Abstract: Multi sliding machine tool is design and manufacture lock plate in mass production, reduce raw material consumption, eliminate various operations, increase in productivity and reduce labor cost. Such never produce in bulk by conventional stamping power press.Design of multi sliding machine tool for lock plate is very critical as it includes three stages to achieve specific dimensions. Previously lock plate is manufacture on conventional stamping power press (mechanical press).Components was produce in three stages to achieve required dimensions. Due to which three machine, three tools and three operators are required.We have design new tool which include progressive tool, bending slides and cams in UG NX 9.0 and conducted analysis to evaluate our design will withstand a given load condition on ANSYS 14.5 for Von Mises stresses and deflection which are also verified by mathematical calculations. In new design we have converted all three operations at single workstations. By designing new multi sliding tool we can increase productivity by 6.20 times as converted on single workstation, raw material handling is eliminated, reduces raw material consumption by 13.77% and reduce labor cost for manufacturing by 7400 Rs.
- V.Dinesh kumar, R.Madesh “Design and stress analysis of washer tool”, International Journal of Applied Theoretical Science and Technology Volume 1, Issue 8, October 2015, pp 194-200.
- Vinay Kumar A V, D Ramegowda “Design of progressive press tool for an alpha meter component”, IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Volume: 04 Issue: 06 June-2015.
- Parmindersingh Khosa, Chirag Hiremath, Bharat Odugoudar, Sana Haveri “Design and manufacturing of progressive press tool”, Proceedings of 15th IRF International Conference, Chennai, India, 19th October. 2014, ISBN: 978-93-84209-59-9.
- V. S. Bhajantri, G. B. Kapashi, S. C. Bajantri “Analysis of Progressive Dies”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Volume 3, Issue 7, January 2014, ISSN: 2277-3754.
- Prabhakar.A, Dr. Mohamed Haneef, Shabbir Ahmed R.M “Sheet metal forming analyses with spring-back deformation on U-Bends in Isotropic plates”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 9, September 2013,ISSN: 2319- 8753.