Author : A. D. Pathrikar 1
Date of Publication :7th July 2016
Abstract: Due to the high increase in the telecommunication business, number of buildings carrying a roof top tower has been increased rapidly. Most of the building were not originally designed to carry a roof top tower, but later converted to carry roof top towers due to the changed requirements. In the present work an attempt has been made to study the behavior of buildings with roof top tower in the event of an Earth Quake using STAAD pro. A typical residential building is considered for the analysis. Three towers with height 9m, 18m, and 27m is considered for the study. The building is analyzed by using different types of bracing system for respective heights. A comparative seismic study between buildings with roof top towers is done to find most effective bracing system in form of deflection.
- A. Jesumi and M. G. Rajendran “Optimal Bracing System for Steel Towers” karunya university, Coimbatore, volume.1 (2013).
- Siddesha.H.”The analysis of microwave antenna towers”, S. I. T., Tumkur, Karnataka, India. Volume 1 (2010).
- Selaraj.M., Kulkarni.S.M., Ramesh Babu. R “Structural evaluation of FRP pultruded sections in overhead transmission line tower” NITK, Bangalore, volume2, India. (2012).
- V.Lakshi and etal ”Study on performance of 220KV M/C MA tower due to wind” JNT University, Kakinada, volume 3,india.(2011).
- UmeshS.Salunke and YuwarajM.Ghugal “Analysis and Design of three Legged double circuit transmission tower” Bauhaus university Weimar, volume.1 (2013).
- Vinay R.B,Ranjith.A, Bharath.A ”Optimization of Transmission Line Towers; P-Delta analysis” AIT, Chikmagalur, Karnataka, India. Vol. 3, Issue 7, July 2014.
- Richa Bhatt, VipulPrakash, A.D.Pandey”Influence of modeling in the response of steel lattice mobile tower underwind loading”Volum2 (2013).
- Khalied A., WahabAbdalla A. Alsamad “Stress & strain analysis of mobile tower crane using finite element”, volume 11 (2014)