Author : Prashanth. M 1
Date of Publication :7th September 2016
Abstract: The aim of the project is to fabricate a table tennis bat by polymer reinforced composite materials. The bat is made using Epoxy resin reinforced with pineapple leaf fiber. These agricultural wastes can be used to prepare fiber reinforced polymer composites for commercial use. Pineapple fiber can be obtained for industrial purposes without any additional cost. The main advantages of these fibers are their low cost, low density, high specific strength and modulus, renewable nature, and comparatively easy process ability. This project also deals with studying the properties of the composite material made. Various test are carried out to find the mechanical properties of the composite material. Finally the other possible application of the composite material made is found on the bases of the testing and evaluation done.
- Nishar Hameed, P.A. Sreekumar, Bejoy Francis, Weimin Yang and Sabu Thomas (2007) studied Morphology, dynamic mechanical and thermal studies on poly (styrene-coacrylonitrile) modified epoxy resin/glass fibre composites.
- H.N. Dhakal, Z.Y. Zhang and M.O.W. Richardson (2006) studied the effect of water absorption on the mechanical properties of non-woven hemp fiber reinforced unsaturated polyester composites.
- Darshil U. Shah , Peter J. Schubel , Peter Licence and Mike J. Clifford (2012) studied the effect of fiber volume fraction on aligned PFCs physical properties (porosity and fiber packing arrangement) and tensile properties has been investigated.
- Maries Idicula , S.K. Malhotra, Kuruvilla Joseph, Sabu Thomas (2008) studied the Static and dynamic mechanical analysis of short randomly oriented intimately mixed banana/sisal hybrid fiber reinforced polyester composites was investigated with special reference to the total volume fraction of the fiber and varying the relative volume fraction of the two fibers.
- Sherely Annie Paul , Abderrahim Boudenne , Laurent Ibos, Yves Candau and Kuruvilla Joseph (2007) studied the Short randomly oriented PP/banana fiber commingled composites were prepared from commingled short PP fiber and banana fiber.
- W. Wang, M. Sain and P.A. Cooper (2012) studied the moisture absorption in natural fiber plastic composites At high fiber loading when fibers are highly connected, the diffusion process is the dominant mechanism; while at low fiber loading close to and below the percolation threshold, the formation of a continuous network is key and hence percolation is the dominant mechanism.
- Nicolas Le Moigne, Martien van den Oever and Tatiana Budtova (2012) performed a careful statistical analysis of composites based on polypropylene mixed with flax, sisal and wheat straw fibers.
- N.A. Wright and S.N. Kukureka(2010) studied the Wear testing and measurement techniques for polymer composite gears The co-ordinate measurement technique is capable of providing detailed information on wear rates of gears as a function of roll angle, and hence load, sliding speed and slip ratio
- M.Ramesh, K.Palanikumar and K.Hemachandra reddy (2009) experimented that mechanical property evaluation of sisal-jute- glass fiber reinforced polyester composites.