Author : Karthikeyan.K 1
Date of Publication :7th September 2016
Abstract: The aim of this project is to create a machine which is used to remove burrs. A burr is a raised edge or small pieces of material remained attached to a work piece after a modification process. It has a potential to cause injury, in order to prevent such accidents de-burring is necessary. De-burring is important for quality, aesthetics, functionality and smooth operation of working parts.
- Benedict and Gary, F (1987) “Nontraditional manufacturing processes”. CRC Press, pp. 349–350
- Davidson and David (2007) “Surface Condition Impacts Part Performance”, Metal Finishing
- Hashimura M, Dornfeld D. Analysis of burr formation mechanism in machining process. Technical Paper, Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME)-All series. 1999;121(1):1-7.
- Karnik S, Gaitonde V, Davim J. A comparative study of the ANN and RSM modeling approaches for predicting burr size in drilling. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2008;38(9):868-83.
- Leopold J, Wohlgemuth R. Modeling and Simulation of Burr Formation: State-of-theArt and Future Trends. BurrsAnalysis, Control and Removal. 2010:79-86.
- Madsen (2004) “Engineering Drawing and Design". pp. 179.
- Rangarajan A. Priority Based Tool Path Planning for Face Milling. MSc Thesis, University of California at Berkeley, USA;2001