Author : Tiza Michael 1
Date of Publication :7th November 2016
Abstract: NH - 12 Kota -Jhalawar was observed to be in a very bad state, the authors in quest of making this article worthwhile travelled along the stretch from Kota to Jhalawar and observed the general road condition, however, the stretch between Mandana and Dara was chosen for the purpose of this study. It was observed that the situation of the road is extremely bad with distresses exceeding the permissible value and at some points a total/ complete failure was observed, the authors used a measuring tape, and scale to make measurements of dimensions of the distresses as reported in this article. It was classified under the third and worst category.
- Akhila Daniel and Preeja V. Article (2014): Automatic Road Distress Detection and Analysis. International Journal of Computer Applications 101(10):18-23, September 2014.
- Chang, C., Baladi, G., & Wolff, T. (2001). Using Pavement Distress Data to Assess Impact of Construction on Pavement Performance. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1761, 15-25. doi:10.3141/1761-03
- Government of Rajasthan Public Works Department. (n.d.). Detailed Project Report, four laning by providing Cement Concrete Pavement from Kota to Dara (Kota -Jhalawar section) from 256/500 - 289/550 in the state of Rajasthan.
- Khanna, S. K., Justo, C. E., & Veeraragavan, A. (2015). Road side Development. In Highway engineering(10th ed., pp. 736-743). Roorkee: Nem Chand.
- Jamal Khattak, M., & Peddapati, N. (2013). Flexible Pavement Performance in relation to In Situ Mechanistic and Volumetric Properties Using LTPP Data. ISRN Civil Engineering, 2013, 1-7. doi:10.1155/2013/972020
- Magdi M.E. Zumraw. (2015). Survey and Evaluation of flexible Pavement Failures. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 4(1), 1602-1607. Retrieved from https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v4i1/SUB15542.pdf
- Muhammad Mubaraki (2016). “Highway Subsurface Assessment Using Pavement Surface Distress and Roughness Data” International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijprt.2016.10.001 ·
- Neero Gumsar Sorum, Thangmuansang Guite, & Nungleppam Martina. (2014). Pavement Distress: A Case Study. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 3(4), 274- 284. Retrieved from http://www.ijirset.com/upload/2013/special/ncrace/37 __37049NCRACE13-056TRE-01_1.pdf