Author : Chaitali J. Chaudhari 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2017
Abstract: In automobile, the suspension leaf spring is one of the potential icons for weight reduction as it accounts for ten to twenty percent of unsprung weight.While reducing weight, the strength has to be maintained by optimising cost. In this paper, the design and analysis is done by replacing material of steel leaf spring by Aluminium Reinforced with Boron Carbideand composite materials like E-glass Epoxy and 50% Kevlar fibre. The objective of the work is to compare deflection, stress,and stiffness of steel leaf spring with that substitute materials. The study aims in the rear leaf spring analysis of MahindraBolero. Comparative study of leaf spring made by steel and composite materials is tabulated in the paper. CAE Analysis is done in ANSYS
- Kiran K. Jadhao, Dr.Rajendra S. Dalu, “Design and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring: A Review”, International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2249-5762, Vol. 4, Issue 2, May-Oct 2014.
- B. Vijaya Lakshmi, I. Satyanarayana, “Static and Dynamic Analysis on Composite Leaf Spring in Heavy Vehicle”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, ISSN: 2249- 8974, Vol. 2, pp.80-84, Issue 1, Oct-Dec 2012.
- Bhaviskar A. C. , Bhamre V. G. , Sarode S. S., “Design and Analysis of Leaf Spring for Automobile suspension system: A Review”, International Journal of Emerging Technology an Advanced Engineering, Vol. 3, ISSN: 2250-2459, Issue 6, June 2013.
- Preshit B. Waghmare, Raosaheb B. Patil, “Static and Modal Analysis of Leaf Spring Using FEA”, International Journal of Technical Research and Applications, ISSN: 2320-8163, Vol. 3, pp. 145- 156, Issue 1 (Jan-Feb 2015).
- Ms. Surekha S. Sangale, Dr. Kishor B. Kale, Dighe Y. S., “Design Analysis of Carbon/Epoxy Composite Leaf Spring”, International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, ISSN: 2321-9637, pp. 172-178, Issue 1, 08 March 2015.
- R.S. Khurmi and J.K. Gupta, “A textbook of Machine Design”- Fourteenth Edition, 2005.
- ShivamNandev, GoluSahu, et al., “Deformation and Weight investigation of Leaf Spring material Aluminum Reinforced with Boron Carbide, E-Glass Epoxy and their combination by FEA”, Scientific Journal of Impact Factor, ISSN: 2348-4470, Vol. 3, Issue 5, May-2016.
- T.N.V.Ashok Kumar, E.VenkateswaraRao, S.V.Gopal Krishna, “Design and Material Optimization of Heavy Vehicle Leaf Spring”, International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, ISSN: 2249- 5762 Issue 1, Nov 2013- April 2014.