Author : Vasagade Vijay Ganapati 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2017
Abstract: One of important part in coupling is trunion which is a part of rotating joint where shaft is inserted into. This allows precise tolerances to be maintained along with large surface in contact, so that power is transferred efficiently. Hence there is a vital role of trunion in transmission which outlines the efficiency of transmission system and power transfer is also affected by it.Hence it is necessary to do detail study and analysis of transmission coupling withtrunion. To overcome the certainlimitations like excess strain on joint, wearing of joint, Thompson type constant velocity joint (CV) or Thompson coupling with trunion joint is considered under the optimization study ,which may offer features like minimizing side loads, higher misalignment capabilities, more operating speeds, improved efficiency of transmission and many more. This work presents comparative study for optimization of Thompson type coupling for angular transmission with Phosphor Bronze and Brass material for trunion joint over conventional Alloy steel. © 2015 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Ltd.
- Love and joy coupling handbook website http://www.lovejoyinc.com/thecouplinghandbook_p art1.aspx
- Article on “Thompson constant velocity joint”, https://www.centra.infoArticle ID 713824.
- Howard S. Bean et al. 1998, book on “Materials of Engineering” Section 6, page number 68, table number 6.4.17, composition and properties of selected wrought copper and copper alloys
- R.K.Rajput, “Engineering materials”, ISBN 81-219- 1960-6, page number from 237-245
- Article on “materials for automobiles15”,http://https:// www.iitm.ac.in
- Ian Watson, et al. 2013, “Conceptual design optimisation of a constant-velocity coupling”, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of New South Wales, UNSW, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia, Mechanism and Machine Theory 68 (2013) 18–34
- Nishant Ramesh et al., “Review article on A Review On Design, Development, Testing And Optimization of Thompson CV Joint With Brass And Phosphor Bronze As Trunion Material” International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology , [Wasatkar, 4(1): January, 2015]
- Michael Browne, et al. 2009, “McLaren Performance Technologies, Texas A & M Uni., USA Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA, 323 (2009) 334–351