Author : A.L. Sriram Sudan 1
Date of Publication :6th April 2017
Abstract: Heat transfer in industrial sectors plays a phenomenal role, if the heat transfer enhancement is more which will increase the performance and life span of heat transfer devices. In fluid case the transfer of heat will done by convection process. This work presents an experimental study on the heat transfer of CuO /water Nano fluid flowing through the shell and tube heat exchangers under laminar flow conditions. Effects of important parameters such as hot and cold mass flow rates, temperature, Nano fluid temperature, Nano fluids mass flow rates and Nano fluid concentration on the heat transfer characteristics are investigated in fabricated shell and tube heat exchanger. The results outcome explains the heat transfer of Nano fluids in the exchanger produces the higher value than those of distilled water
- Shravan H. Gawande1, Sunil D. Wankhede1, Rahul N. Yerrawar1, Vaishali J. Sonawane1, Umesh B. “ Design and development of shell and tube heat exchanger for beverage” Scientific Research ,Modern Mechanical Engineering 2012,121-125.
- DawitBogale “Design and Development of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger for Harar Brewery Company Pasteurizer Application (Mechanical and Thermal Design)” American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER) Volume-03, Issue10, pp-99-109
- Babita, S.K. Sharma, and Gupta Shipra Mital “Preparation and evaluation of stable nanofluids for heat transfer application: Areview, Elsevier Experimental thermal and fluid science” PII: S0894-1777(16)30172-8
- Kailash Nemade, Sandeep Waghuley “A novel approach for enhancement of thermal conductivity of CuO/H2O based nanofluids” Elsevier Applied Thermal Engineering PII: S1359-4311(15)01299-5
- Qasim S. Mahdi, Ali Abdulridha Hussein “ Enhancement of Heat transfer in Shell and Tube heat exchanger with tabulator and nanofluid” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) Volume 7, Issue 3, May–June 2016, pp.125–138, Article ID: IJMET_07_03_012
- Suleiman Akilu and K.V.Sharma“A reviewofthermophysicalpropertiesofwaterbasedcomposite nanofluids” Elsevier Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 66(2016)654–678
- D.Q.kern “Process Heat Transfer” McGrawHillInternational Student edition C.P.Kothandaraman, S.Subramanyan “Heat and mass Transfer data book”.