Author : Megha.B.E 1
Date of Publication :20th April 2017
Abstract: Polyester Composites have clinched utmost prominence and are implemented in various spheres of applications. The proffered research work involves evaluation of the hardness parameters of Banana and Jute Fiber reinforced Polyester Composites, assenting the precept of Shore-D Hardness Tester. Banana and Jute Fiber reinforced Polyester Composites were prepared using polyester resin and banana fibers of 10mm length, polyester resin and jute fibers of 30mm length respectively ,varying the fiber volume fraction from 5% to 25%,with an increment of 5%,to 3mm and 5mm thicknesses. The Banana fiber reinforced Polyester Composites of 5mm thickness. with fiber volume fraction of 20% exhibited higher Shore-D Hardness values. Same trend was traced by the Jute fiber reinforced Polyester Composites.
- F. T. Wallenberger and N. Weston,“Natural Fibers Plastics and Composites Natural”, Materials Source Book from C.H.I.P.S Texas,2004.
- Mohanty A.K;and M.Misra,Studies on Jute Composites :A Literature Review Polym, plast. Tech& Eng; 1995, 34 (5), 729
- M. Boopalan, M. Niranjana, M.J. Umapathy, Study on the mechanical properties and thermal properties of jute and banana fiber reinforced epoxy hybrid composites, Composites: Part B 51 (2013) 54–57.
- M. Muthuvel, G. Ranganath , K. Janarthananand K. Srinivasan, Characterization Study of Jute and Glass Fiber Reinforced Hybrid Composite Material, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, ISSN: 2278-0181 Vol. 2 Issue 4, April – 2013.
- T. Munikenche Gowda, A.C.B. Naidu, Rajput Chhaya, Some mechanical properties of untreated jute fabric-reinforced polyester composites, Received 10 December 1997; accepted 1 July 1998.
- Carlo Santulli, Mechanical and impact properties of untreated jute fabric reinforced polyester laminates compared with different eglass fibre reinforced laminates.